The Retail Allocator at MedMen is responsible for executing and managing accurate inventory allocations from MedMen’s distribution centers (or direct from vendor) to the company’s retail locations. The Allocator is a key partner in the initial set and continued replenishment of MedMen’s core and seasonal inventory. The Retail Allocator will work closely with the Buying, Merchandise Planning, Retail, Accounting and Finance Departments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Ensure proper allocation to stores based on storage capacity, store tier, demographic, planogram assortment, sales and promotional goals.
● Provide initial allocation quantities by SKU and category for new store openings and see these allocations through to floor set.
● Maintain targeted in-stock percentages at the SKU, category, store, district and total chain levels.
● Analyze DC inventory vs retail sales and make recommendations to slow or increase allocation rate or volume.
● Utilize the inventory planning function of the ERP to drive accurate suggested allocations.
● Call-out inventory risks if sales will exceed invested inventory for product lifecycle.
● Provide store sales data to the merchandise planning team for pre-season planning and in-season recaps.
● Maintain weekly, monthly & quarterly reports on in-stock target vs actuals, retail weeks on-hand, inventory turns, aging inventory, expired inventory.
● Support monthly open-to-buy process through in-season and hindsight reporting.
● Support ad hoc project requests from the Manager or Director.
● Help on-board and train newly retail allocators.
● Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business analytics, retail merchandising or related
● Strong knowledge base various of inventory management concepts, practices and
● Experience as a retail allocator, demand planner, supply planner, or inventory
● Experience using an ERP system, planning tool, and BI for reporting.
● Previous experience as retail allocator.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office, highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (e.g., formulas, V-lookup, pivot tables, graphs, and charts).
● Team skills.
● Analytical skills.
● Verbal and written communication skills.
● Robust knowledge base of inventory accounting principles and controls.
● Ability to create and implement effective processes & procedures.
● Ability to produce results under tight deadlines
● Attention to detail, adaptability.
● Project management skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in an office setting, sometimes within a retail environment. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, file
cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filling cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time. This role may also require the employee to handle product, tape boxes, and lift boxes up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be require as job duties demand.
This position requires traveling up to 5% travel of the time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Must pass background check and drug screen.