Greenlight Crew – Portland, OR
Full Time | Salary
The Greenhouse Technician performs manual labor to assist in the upkeep, stocking, and fulfillment of growing medicinal cannabis, including, but not limited to; watering, feeding, flushing, pruning, washing, cloning, and transplanting under the supervision of the Greenhouse Manager. Attention to detail is extremely important. The ideal candidate will excel as a team member within a tightly controlled, state-regulated system and timelines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
· Sowing, thinning, weeding, transplanting, moving plants, watering, applications, potting, shipping, and loading.
· General duties around the nursery as they relate to the upkeep of the nursery.
· Knowledge of growing techniques, including; Germination, Cloning, and Transplantation.
· Plant pests and other perils, with a keen eye for spotting issues before they become a problem.
· Follow GMP protocols and follow Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs)
· Manage marijuana plants, giving each individual plant the attention it needs.
· Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
· Ability to execute techniques consistently
· Communication Proficiency.
· Time Management.
· Self-directed, organized, and detail-oriented with strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
· Able to work efficiently and accurately.
· Flexible, collaborative, team-oriented person with good communication skills.
· Must be a dexterous, adaptable individual.
· The employee must be able to lift up to 65 pounds and be able to maneuver between growing tables that are 24 inches apart. The employee must also be able to repeatedly carry 15-20 pounds the length of warehouse/greenhouse.
· Basic math skills.
· High school Diploma
Preferred Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree or horticultural, Technical Certification preferred
· Prior nursery, landscaping, and/or agricultural experience.
· Experience in the medical cannabis industry or other alternative healthcare organizations is highly desirable.