Medical cannabis markets are rapidly expanding in Canada and around the world. Recreational cannabis is on the horizon. Now is your chance to join the largest, most recognized cannabis producer in the country as we set off to build something amazing, relying on established but ever-evolving brands.
Canopy Growth Corporation ("Canopy Growth") is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC) and part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries, including its flagship Tweed and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand, are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis. With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production, and operations spanning five continents, Canopy is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success and take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration and diversity. Our employees stem from a wide range of professional backgrounds; each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth.
Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Security Infrastructure, the Jr Security Designer is
responsible for the production of commercial 3D models and 2D drawings in accordance
with project requirements. The Junior Security Designer is required to apply specialized
and/or advanced design principles for conceptual and detailed levels. Activities include site
design updates and electrical security concepts. Drafting for both front end planning and the
detailed commissioning phase for multi-discipline projects.
● Develops concepts and design layouts of complex security or low voltage electrical
● Works on a variety of projects and tasks, which require application of technology
transferred on constant changing blueprint designs.
● Interact with design agencies, suppliers and internal organizations to assist in
resolving design development, production and acceptance issues
● Provides project leadership of technical changes that may affect the final design
● Assist with determining equipment requirements, drafts up equipment layouts,
and/or helps to establish design documentation required for projects
● Work done is critical part of a team effort and involves independence in structuring
and accomplishing own work
● 2 year associates degree or completion of a technical trade school in AutoCAD,
drafting or related field and 0 – 1 years AutoCAD Architecture experience.
● Commercial/Industrial drafting experience preferred.
● Experience in using AutoCAD, Revit
● Demonstrated ability in reading/understanding architectural drawings,
specifications, technical cut sheets, building codes and standards
● Experience working on construction projects, understanding of processes and
procedures associated with design and construction administration
● Ability to thrive in high-performance, fast paced work culture, taking the initiative in
● Excellent interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
This is a full-time position based out of Kanata, Ontario.